Friday 19 June 2009

Embrace With Love

I don’t know about you, but I do realize that most of the time, the very first reaction that comes naturally when I’m face with unfavorable situation is to resist it. Way of resisting it varies, I might complain about it, I might throw tantrum, I might play victim, I might place the responsibility to the others... And the consequences are I stay unhappy longer and at the same time I affect people around me by either make them feel bad or angry. The result is problems stay unsolved and everyone involve gets affected in the negative way.

Today, I read an email that illustrates a person that embrace the problem with love. And I would like to share this short story with all. And the story goes like this.

One day, a husband saw a bottle of medicine syrup is open on the table. He told his wife to keep the medicine bottle close and place into somewhere safe, and he rushed to work. At the same time, his wife is busy with so house chores, and she forgotten about this. Their beloved son which is very young saw the medicine and attracted to the colour of the syrup. He drank the whole bottle and suffered from overdosing of the medicine. His son saw sent to the hospital. Unfortunately, his son died from poisoning when he arrived in hospital. When is saw his dead child, his was shocked. He looked into his wife and told her, “I love you.”

His wife broke into tears and hugged him tightly. She was relieved that her husband didn’t blame her on their son death. Later she asked her husband why he reacted in such a way. The husband told her that he can blame her for the death and initiate a fight with her. But he asked himself what’s the point for the fight. He already lost his child and there wasn’t anything he could do to undo the situation. He don’t want to lost his wife too. So instead of blame all the faults on his wife, he comfort his wife over the lost of their children.

Hopefully, we are able to embrace rather that resist whenever we face with problem/ situation. I know it isn’t easy to walk the talk. But, at least, we do our best to control our emotion and embrace the problem with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment