Monday 15 December 2008

Simplicity is beauty

I spotted something interesting while I enjoyed myself reviewing the photos I took. I found that I have quite a collection of the photos on a wild plant.



These are part of my collections. Back in Malaysia, it is not easy to spot this plant. I remember that once there’s one grow at the car yard of my house. Not like what we can see in the photos. It was a single plant with single flower. Each time it only bloom one flower. And the flower will last for a few days before it dies off and another flower bloom. I always fascinated by this little plant. I looked at this flower almost every time I walked pass the car yard. Sometimes, I even squat here just to admire the beauty of this flower.

I think that this white little flower is very beautiful in its own way. It doesn’t have bright colourful pedal. It’s doesn’t have pleasant smell like roses. It’s doesn’t have the elegant look like peonies. It is just a tiny little plant, so tiny that I think many people won’t even take notice of it. Yet, I like the simplicity of the flower. White pedal with a yellow circle in the middle, that’s how this little plant looks like. Sometimes, I think it looks like the flower I learn to draw while I’m very young.
Years later, don’t know from where I learned that this wild flower is known as “my dream”. What a beautiful name! I love this plant even more because it of its name. And from there onwards I always took photos of this flower each time I had a camera in my hand. It reminds me of seeing the beauty of simplicity in life and it also reminds me to achieve my dreams…