Tuesday 9 December 2008

The "Luan Bai" Way of Welcoming

I always tempted to share my view through writing. I know blog space gives me an excellent place to do so. Yet, another side of me, I think too much that it had actually stopped me doing so for so long. I concern that whether that my command of language will become the laughing stock of others, or what will people think of me after reading, etc. Oh, come on who tells me that a blog will sure get visitors/ readers. Why not I give myself a chance to express myself and simply have the fun of writing without thinking too much.

And so, this blog of “Luan Bai” is born. Now that I have my blog page, what I gonna write? Quickly, I go back to my analyser mode on what should I write about. Finally, I got an idea. Why don’t I write on the name of this blog.

“Luan Bai” is actually the pinyin (Chinese pronunciation) of the word 亂掰. Ever wonder why I choose this as the name of my blog? Before I reveal the answer, I would like to explain the meaning of these two chinese characters. The word of 亂(Luan) can mean messy, without order or it can mean simply. Next, let us look at 掰(Bai). 掰have few different meanings. It means breaking off / pulling off something with hand. The word of “Bai” also uses in dialect, which usually means analyse / explicate. Putting these two words together, it means simply analyse or simply talk (usually is without thinking too much or logic).

That’s right, “Luan Bai” is like talking rubbish, if I translate it into Manglish. So, it’s actually a place for me to talk my heart out!! If you like my blog, please do read on and refer the page to your friend. And if you would like to “Luan Bai” together with me, I always welcome you. Drop your comment/ email me your “rubbish talk” to me, I can post it here, not a problem.

To finish my first blog, I wish you happy reading & “luan bai” together with me. Cheers!!