Tuesday 11 August 2009

Gross!!



Few days ago, I spotted this fat, gross worm outside my house. It is climbing up the flower pot where the curry leaf tree is planted. Hey, wait a minute, this fat worm gotta finish up my curry leaves. I take a closer lot at this yellow slimmy creature, it has a pair of fake eyes giving impression of a even bigger worm.



I move it to somewhere else and don't you come back and eat up my curry leaf tree!!
This creature make my little niece so excited, she keep bugging on me saying want to see the fatty worm on my cam. Every time she sees it on the cam, she would exclaimed, "Eee!! Chung chung so fierce... Wanna bite people..." I reminds me of my childhood days. Almost every day we can see caterpillar like this crawling around the garden planted with orchids and other flowers. Sometimes, I even helped out to search out the chung chung (caterpillar/ ulat/ worm) hidden inside my garden. So that my dad flowers are not finished munching my the caterpillar.
Butterflies, caterpillar, eggs of butterflies, insect cocoon, ladybug, grasshopers and mantis were commonly found around my house's garden. As i grow up the grasshoper and mantis started to dissappeared. Later, ladybug are no longer seen around my house area. Hai.. so sad, last time I used to see red or yellow ladybug with black dotts. And now even butterflies and caterpillar are hardly seen. That's why my young niece got such excitment when she see the caterpillar for real, first time.
Hhhmm... development bring many materials enjoyment, at the same time, we lost many natural treasure each day as the side effect of the development...

No comments:

Post a Comment