Monday 16 March 2009

Conditioned Love

While I was watching the TVB drama I realized that I like the actions of the actor named Khoo done for the female actor, Bell. Khoo is very caring especially towards Bell. Even that he knew Bell is in love with another person, he quietly did many things to support Bell when she’s in need for help. And what I love best about the character of Khoo is that he never wishes anything in return from Bell. He even never mentioned of anything he did of for her.

How good if I have someone like him in my life, someone that willing to give unconditional love. So sweet… Wait, this means that my perspective towards love is conditioned. I expect love where the other party to give unconditionally. Am I willing to give unconditionally? I think it is unlike since I expected to receive rather than give. If majority of the people have the same thought as me, I can foresee that the love will not stand for long. Sad isn’t it?

And I think that many couple argue or dissatisfied with their partner is because we conditioned our love. Expecting our partner to have this, do that and be like this. And when he/ she didn’t think/ do what we wanted to, we feel bad about it and start to count it as negative. As time passes, we collect more and more evidence of he / she is “NO good” and thus relationship breaks.

So next time, whenever I able to ask other to give unconditional love, I would like to ask myself the very same question. May love is unconditional and flame of love continue forever.

1 comment:

  1. It's just human nature to kinda expect another person to 'fit in' to the image that we have of him or her in our head.

    Oftentimes we do not realise that people do not automaticallly 'fit it' and behave like we expect them to. They are individuals with their own perspective about live, love and everything.

    Also we expect people to automatically do things that we think is obvious to us. Like it or not, people are not mind readers and not many people are observant enough to notice our change in moods and react accordingly.

    So we should not expect people to 'fit in' to our image. Rather we should be glad that they take time and effort to be with us. We should also communicate more and judge less. Never compare anyone with another person. Each of us are unique and each of us are different. We must learn to accept each and every person for their strengths AND their weaknesses.

    Think about it - if somebody you like does not have their weaknesses then they are not that someone that you like, no? It's a whole package, not a pick whatever options you want thingy.

    ReplyDelete