Thursday 12 February 2009

In memory of Maryville

Lately there are many reports on the forest fire in Victoria, Australia. One of the sad news that catches my attention is the fire had flatten the town of Maryville.

3 months ago, I was on holiday to this lovely little town. I remembered it was raining and the road it wet. It was a challenging drive through the famous black spur drive on a raining day like this. When I finally arrived to Maryville and I found that it is only a very small and tranquil town without much to see or do (on a rainny day). I am feeling cold and tired and I didn't even take a photo of the township or it's scenary. I searched thru my album and found that I only have a few photos of the birds outside one of the cafe where my family and I have a coffee break. There were news that reported that it is one of the loveliest town in Victoria. And what left in my mind is only a vague image of the town, tree and bushes of the black spur drive. I also wondering what happened to the nice people I encountered at the visitor centre of Maryville? Are they safe? I have no idea. I can only pray that they are safe and unharm.

This incident has reminded me of be grateful of what we have at the present. Seize the moment and enjoy every bit of it. Things changes and we might not have it forever. Thus, never take things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment